Skin peels are ideal if you are looking to quite literally give your skin a fresh start. Book a consultation with one of our trained experts to discuss which skin peel is best for you.
There are three different types of chemical peels that you can get. These include:
- Superficial peels, which use mild acids like alpha-hydroxy acid to gently exfoliate. It only penetrates the outermost layer of skin. Recovery time is about four to seven days. Your skin may temporarily be lighter or darker.
- Medium peels, which use trichloroacetic or glycolic acid to reach the middle and outer layer of skills. This makes it more effective for removing damaged skin cells. Your skin will recover about five to seven days after a medium chemical peel, though you may have redness that persists for months. Your skin will initially swell, and then form crusts and brown blotches before revealing new skin.
- Deep peels, which fully penetrate the middle layer of the skin to remove damaged skin cells; these peels often use phenol or tricholoracetic acid. Deep chemical peels will cause severe swelling and redness, with burning or throbbing sensations. It’s common for the eyelids to swell shut. It will take about two weeks for the new skin to develop, though white spots or cysts may last several weeks. It’s common for redness to last for several months.
As skin peels are a tailored treatment, our expert practitioners will balance the most effective ingredients in order to address your skin concerns, while not compromising the integrity of your skin’s condition. At HHC, we treat a number of concerns using skin peels, but some of the most common treatments include:
Skin peels for acne-prone skin, resulting in:
- Reduction of inflammation and breakouts caused by acne
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Even skin texture and tone
Skin peels for ageing skin, resulting in:
- Stimulated collagen production for plump and youthful looking skin
- Hydrated and nourished skin
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Skin peels for pigment spots or melasma, resulting in:
- Eliminated pigmentation and reduced effects of sun damage
- Rejuvenated, brighter skin
To achieve maximum results, your practitioner may recommend a course of treatments.
PROCEDURE TIME: Around 60 minutes
RESULTS: Soon after treatment
FULL RECOVERY: Depends on the strength of the peel, typically recovered within a week.
OUTCOME: Tailored to target the patient’s concern.