Interventional procedures performed by consultant vein specialists at HHC Vein Clinic’s are designed to restore proper venous blood flow and eliminate varicose and spider veins from venous circulation in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner. The best treatment for you will depend on a number of things:
- Type of vein abnormality (spider or varicose vein)
- Size (how large they are in diameter)
- Source and location of veins involved (for legs it can be thigh, ankle or behind the knee. Abnormal veins can even appear on the hands, face, breasts, back, and genital areas)
- Severity or concentration of veins
- Skin texture & colour
Get an initial consultation for EVLA vein treatment at HHC
A consultation at HHC consists of thorough history taking, clinical examination and US duplex assessment. Each patient being seen and assessed at HHC Vein Clinic will have a 3 step treatment strategy:
- Initial Consultation including Duplex US scan
- Main treatment episode to treat the underlying cause
- Follow up appointment, usually to complete the treatment and attain the desired cosmetic result
How long does the EVLA procedure take?
Treatment is carried out within a few hours under local anaesthetic. The actual time required for the procedure will vary according to the extent and complexity of the problematic veins.
The anaesthetic wears off after 2-3 hours at which point you are free to leave providing that you have someone to accompany you.
EVLA avoids the need for an overnight hospital stay and a long recovery period. Most people, depending on the type of work they do, are fine to return to work the following day.